How do you build your tech stack so that your underlying systems are strong enough when you scale? Today's guest has 20 years of experience building scalable and robust technology stacks for companies across the board – he’s ideally suited to answer that question.
Heman Duraiswamy is the Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Circa, building stronger communities through payment innovation. In a nutshell, his company is revolutionizing the rent collection process in the multi-family real estate industry.
Heman shares his experience transitioning from working for a multi-billion dollar enterprise to starting his own business, and the challenges and differences he faced in building a tech stack for a big company versus a startup.
He also talks about the importance of product-market fit, the factors to consider as a technical founder, and the role of monitoring and iterating in the success of a startup.
If you're looking to make sure that your tech stack isn't a liability as you 10X and scale, this one's for you!
"The single most important thing (as a technical founder) that you cannot compromise is making sure that you're building your architecture, your underlying systems... that are scalable." ~ Heman Duraiswamy
In This Episode:
- How Heman transitioned into starting his own business
- The key ingredients needed to be a successful technical founder
- How Circa payments work in helping with rent cashflow
- How to hedge against your tech stack liability
- The importance of proper monitoring (correlation IDs)
- 'It's not what you build, it's how you build it'